Rinza is a combination drug of antipyretic, antihistamine, analgesic, anti-congestive, psychostimulant action, for stopping the symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection.
The use of Rinza should be started at the first signs of a cold and other infectious diseases (influenza, ARVI), which are caused by fever, acute rhinitis and headaches.
With a cold drug quickly improves health.
Clinical and pharmacological group
A drug for the symptomatic treatment of acute respiratory diseases.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Rinza cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 165 rubles.
Composition and release form
Rinza dosage form - tablets: flat, round, pink in color, with white and dark pink splashes, with beveled edges and dividing marks on one of the sides (10 pcs in aluminum / PVC blister or aluminum / aluminum blister, in a cardboard bundle 1 or 2 blisters).
Ingredients 1 tablet:
- Active ingredients: caffeine - 30 mg, paracetamol - 500 mg, phenylephrine hydrochloride - 10 mg, chlorphenamine maleate - 2 mg;
- Additional substances: sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A), talc, magnesium stearate, sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate, povidone (K30), corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, crimson dye (Ponso 4R).
Rhinza is a combination drug. Among the ingredients are four main components, each of which has its own therapeutic effect.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of cyclooxygenase and affects the hypothalamic centers of thermoregulation and pain, which caused its analgesic and antipyretic properties.
- Phenylephrine - refers to alpha-adrenomimetikami, it has a vasoconstrictor effect, thereby reducing the swelling of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, sinus appendages, upper respiratory tract and manifestations of rhinitis.
- Chlorphenamine is a blocker of histamine H1 receptors and is characterized by antiallergic action, which is expressed in the elimination of exudative manifestations, reduction of puffiness and hyperemia of the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract and paranasal sinuses, reducing the severity of itchy throat, nose and eyes.
- Caffeine is a psychostimulant that helps overcome general weakness and drowsiness. It somewhat enhances the effect of the other components.
Information on the pharmacokinetic profile of Rinza is not currently available. However, it is known that paracetamol is rapidly absorbed from the middle sections of the gastrointestinal tract and is intensively bound to plasma proteins. Its maximum plasma concentration is reached approximately 1 hour after administration. Paracetamol also penetrates the blood-brain and placental barriers.
Indications for use
Doctors often prescribed Rinza - instructions for use of the drug contains indications for use:
- symptomatic treatment of colds;
- treatment of acute viral respiratory infections, influenza, acute respiratory diseases;
- treatment of diseases associated with fever, rhinorrhea, pain syndromes, sinusitis, pharyngitis (the drug reduces the temperature).
The absolute contraindication to the beginning of the reception of this tool is the individual hypersensitivity to one or several active ingredients or auxiliary substances.
Pathologies in which the drug is not prescribed:
- atherosclerosis of the heart arteries;
- hypertonic disease;
- erosive and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract organs (in the acute phase);
- bleeding in the digestive tract;
- "Aspirin Triad" (intolerance to salicylates and other NSAIDs in combination with asthma and nasal polyposis or paranasal sinuses);
- severe renal failure;
- liver failure (including amid alcohol-induced lesions);
- hepatitis and other active liver diseases;
Rinza is contraindicated in children and adolescents under the age of 15 years.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnancy and breastfeeding are contraindications for taking Rinza.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Rinza tablets are taken orally.
- Single dose - 1 tablet. The recommended frequency of taking the drug is 3-4 times a day (maximum - 4 tablets per day).
The duration of the treatment course is up to 5 days.
Taking Rinza tablets can lead to the development of unwanted reactions from various organs and systems, which include:
- The respiratory system is a spasm of smooth muscles of the walls of the bronchi with their narrowing (bronchospasm).
- Nervous system - sleep disturbance (poor sleep), irritability, dizziness.
- Cardiovascular system - an increase in heart rate (tachycardia), increased blood pressure.
- The organ of vision is an increase in the level of intraocular pressure, accommodation paresis, mydriasis (dilated pupils).
- Urinary system - the development of renal colic, inflammation of the kidney tissue (interstitial nephritis).
- Blood and red bone marrow - a decrease in the number of platelets (thrombocytopenia), granulocytes (granulocytopenia) per unit volume of blood, anemia (anemia).
- The digestive system - dry mouth, nausea, intermittent vomiting, pain in the stomach (upper abdomen), toxic effects on the liver.
- Allergic reactions - a rash, itching of the skin, a reaction in the form of a nettle burn (nettle rash), swelling of tissues with predominant localization in the area of the face and external genital organs (angioedema of Quincke).
The development of negative reactions is the basis to stop taking Rinza tablets and see a doctor.
In case of drug overdose, symptoms such as pallor of the skin, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, hepatonecrosis, increased activity of hepatic transaminases, an increase in prothrombin time may appear.
In this case, gastric lavage and the appointment of activated carbon, symptomatic therapy, the introduction of methionine after 8 to 9 hours after overdose and acetylcysteine after 12 hours are recommended.
Do not take simultaneously with other drugs containing paracetamol.
During the period of use of the drug Rinza should refrain from the use of alcohol, sleeping pills and anxiolytic drugs (tranquilizers).
The patient should be informed that if the drug has become unusable or has expired, you should not throw it in the wastewater or on the street. It is necessary to put the drug in the bag and put it in the trash. These measures will help protect the environment.
Interaction with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Furazolidone, MAO inhibitors - may develop hyperpyrexia, arousal, hypertensive crisis under the influence of chlorphenamine;
- Tricyclic antidepressants - the adrenomimetic effect of phenylephrine increases;
- Halothane - increases the risk of ventricular arrhythmias;
- Guanethidine - its hypotensive action decreases under the influence of phenylephrine, and the alpha-adrenostimulatory activity of the latter is simultaneously enhanced;
- Sedatives, MAO inhibitors, ethanol - their effectiveness increases;
- Phenothiazine derivatives, antiparkinsonian and antipsychotic drugs, antidepressants - the threat of constipation, dry mouth, urinary retention is exacerbated;
- Glucocorticosteroids - increases the risk of glaucoma;
- Diuretic drugs - their effectiveness is reduced by the action of paracetamol;
- Ethanol - increases the sedative effect of antihistamines;
- Barbiturates, carbamazepine, difenin, rifampicin, and other inducers of liver microsomal enzymes - the threat of the hepatotoxic effect of paracetamol is exacerbated.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rinza:
- Anna. Rinza is my salvation from colds! this is the only thing that helps, even better drops from a cold, as there is phenylophrine. And the price of it is qualitatively lower than the modern drugs offered in pharmacies. Highly recommend!
- Helena. My husband got sick here, wanted to take a tine, but the doctor didn’t recommend it. He says that it contains phenylephrine, and it harms the heart, makes him work straight for wear. So my husband bought Antigrippin, which produces a natural product - the composition is clear, not harmful to the heart. My husband drinks these pills, and it is easier for him, on Monday he was already going to work, and then a couple of days ago he was almost ready to die, so a good remedy.
- Timofey. At work, he was infected by a colleague of ARVI, in the morning he felt the temperature, he began to break muscles. I realized that these were signs of impending flu and began to act. I bought Rinza pills at the pharmacy, drank them according to the instructions for five days, and the disease receded without starting. I will keep the drug on hand, because the epidemic season is just beginning.
Direct and indirect analogues of Rinza, which coincide with the original drug on the active composition or a similar effect on the body for colds and respiratory diseases, are distinguished. Popular medication substitutes are pills:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Shelf life tablets Rinza is 3 years. It is important to store the drug in the original original packaging, dry, protected from light and out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.