Pentovit is a multivitamin preparation from the group of water-soluble vitamins.
It has a tonic and tonic effect on the body, strengthens the immune system. The pharmacological effect of the drug is due to a complex of components, namely vitamins of group B and vitamin PP + folic acid.
It is prescribed for disorders of the functioning of the nervous system, asthenia, neuralgia, radiculitis. Used as a prophylaxis of vitamin deficiency belonging to group B.
Complex of vitamins of group B.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Pentovit cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 185 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Pentovit is available in the form of coated tablets.
The composition of the vitamin complex:
- 10 mg of thiamine hydrochloride;
- 5 mg pyridoxine in the form of hydrochloride;
- 20 mg nicotinamide;
- 50 mcg cyanocobalamin;
- 400 mcg of folic acid.
Pentovit tablets are sold in 10 and 50 pcs. in blisters, 50 pcs. and 100 pcs. in dark glass cans.
The therapeutic effect of the drug due to the action of its components.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) affects the neuromuscular regulation and nerve excitation in cholinergic synapses. Essential for the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Vitamin PP (nicotinamide) - is involved in the processes of oxygen metabolism, is involved in the absorption of carbohydrates and fats. Prevents the appearance of migraine or significantly reduces its manifestations, supports the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Pentovit helps to compensate for the deficiency of the above vitamins, restore metabolism and strengthen the immune system. The use of the drug helps to cope with bad mood, anxiety, migraine and depression.
- Vitamin B6 - normalizes the activity of the central and peripheral nervous system. Takes part in carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism, is indispensable in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. It also allows you to improve the absorption of unsaturated fatty acids, most of the chemical reactions of the body can not do without vitamin B6, which is also a storehouse of enzymes.
- Vitamin B12 has a positive effect on the nervous system, improves concentration and memory, prevents the appearance of anemia, strengthens the immune system, improves the appetite, plays an important role in the regulation of blood-forming organs. Pregnant women and elderly people, as well as vegetarians, people with AIDS, smokers and alcohol abusers need extra vitamin B12 supplements.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid) is actively involved in the production of red blood cells, amino acids and nucleic acids. It has a positive effect on reproductive function in women, improves bone marrow function and strengthens the immune system.
Indications for use
The vitamin complex is prescribed as an adjunct to the main treatment in neurological practice. Effective in the treatment of polyneuropathy of various genesis.
Pentavit is prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following problems:
- Increased nervousness;
- Pain along the nerve;
- Seasonal Avitaminosis;
- Neuralgia, neuritis;
- Diseases of the nervous system;
- Decrease in protective functions of immunity;
- Prevention of stress, asthenic conditions;
- Dermatosis, dermatitis.
In addition, the vitamin complex can be used for problems with hair and nails. Cosmetologists have proven the effectiveness of Pentovita for improving the condition and hair growth in women and men.
Pentovit has the following contraindications:
- Chronic pancreatitis;
- Children and adolescents up to 18 years;
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding (due to the lack of data on the use of the drug in this category of patients);
- Individual hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Pentovit is not used during gestation and during breastfeeding. If a doctor prescribes a drug to a pregnant woman, then all possible risks for the child and mother are assessed.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that if there is evidence to use vitamins Pentovit. Instructions for children from 12 years old and adults are the following: daily, 2-4 tablets should be taken three times a day. The drug should be consumed simultaneously with the meal.
How to take Pentovit for a specific disease, tell the doctor. But they need to take at least 3-4 weeks. How to take adult patients with a specific diagnosis, depends on the complex treatment.
In the vast majority of cases, according to medical reviews, vitamins are well tolerated.
Sometimes, mainly in case of hypersensitivity or intolerance to any component of the drug, the use of Pentovit may be accompanied by allergic reactions. As a rule, they are expressed in the form of pruritus and urticaria.
In isolated cases, nausea and tachycardia are noted.
An overdose of the drug can lead to manifestation of hypervitaminosis, excessive concentration of vitamins of group B.
In this case, a person may occasionally manifest dizziness, dyspepsia, flushing of the face and neck, migraine, insomnia. It is also possible numbness of the extremities and the failure of the heart rhythm. However, such manifestations are very rare.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. It is not recommended to take a multivitamin complex simultaneously, including vitamins of group B in the composition.
Vitamin B6, which is part of this complex, reduces the anti-Parkinsonian activity of levodopa. Alcohol dramatically reduces the absorption of vitamin B1.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Pentovit:
- Alice. I accept the 8th day, the doctor prescribed. Honestly, the results have not yet noticed. Let's see, probably too early.
- Alyona. She took these vitamins for about four weeks and was pleased with the result. My acne has become a lot worse for me. The hair got stronger, they began to fall out less and their growth accelerated, the look of the hair itself became much better.
- Pauline. Twice a year - in the spring and in the fall I spend on drink Pentovit. Like its affordability. The effect is also noticeable. Hair and nails grow much faster. True, the quality is not strongly reflected. Vitamins of group B are also prescribed for many nervous disorders. I have no problems with this, but the fact that I started to sleep better and my mood is always good is probably the merit of these vitamins. I heard a version that our domestic vitamins have a poor degree of purification and processing, which affects the quality. I do not know, but for me the effect of pentovit is the same as that of expensive analog preparations.
Reviews of doctors about Petnovit mostly positive, it is prescribed for many diseases, as well as for the prevention of diseases. However, it should be borne in mind that vitamin complexes are only an aid in treating a number of diseases. Therefore, patients leave feedback on vitamins and depending on how effective the main treatment was. In a positive review we are talking about the fact that the vitamin complex helped to cope with the peeling of the skin, get rid of acne, and normalize the general condition of the nervous system. Often there are positive opinions about the use of the drug after the appointment of his children. About the manifestation of side effects reviews are extremely rare.
Analogues of the drug Pentovit are the following means:
- Teravit anti-stress.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Vitamin complex is stored in a dry, cool place, without the absence of sunlight. The drug should not be left in an accessible place if there are children and animals in the house.
Pentovita storage time is three years, after this period the drug can not be used.