Kipferon is a drug with immunomodulatory, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-Chlamydia and anti-bacterial action.
The complex immunoglobulin preparation contains specific antibodies acting against rotaviruses, herpes viruses, staphylococci, chlamydia, enterobacteria, and some other pathogens. This substance produces an immunomodulatory effect.
On this page you will find all the information about Kipferon: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Kipferon suppositories. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Immunomodulator Combination of immunoglobulin with interferon.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much do Kipferon candles cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 600 rubles.
Release form and composition
Candles "Kipferon", have the form of light yellow or cream cylinders with a cone-shaped tip. Differ in a specific smell. With a longitudinal section, voids can be seen as rod-like or funnel-shaped. Also, some difference in color is permissible, manifested by the heterogeneity of the structure in the form of marble inclusions.
- In one candle Kipferon contains: a complex dry immunoglobulin preparation (including immunoglobulins M, A and G) - 60 mg, interferon of recombinant human alpha-2 - 500000 IU.
Auxiliary substances in the composition of the candle: paraffin, grease, emulsifier T-2.
Kipferon has strong antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antiviral properties.
This immunobiological preparation combines the anti-chlamedia effect of specific antibodies, which are contained in the TRC, with the immunomodulating, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect of the recombinant interferon alpha-2. The use of Kipferon stimulates the mechanisms of general and local immunity, directly acting on pathogens. Specific antibodies of plasma proteins that are part of the drug, exhibit high activity against herpeviruses, rotaviruses, chlamydia, enterobacteria, staphylococci and other pathogens at the cellular level.
The drug has an active stimulating effect on antiprotozoal, antibacterial and antiviral immunity systems.
Indications for use
Experts prescribe kipferonovye candles as one of the means for complex therapy for hepatitis type A, B and C, after carrying out operations to restore immunity and prevent possible complications.
Also, the drug is used in the following conditions:
- herpetic stomatitis;
- chlamydial infections that infect children from their mother during childbirth;
- papillomas and other viral etiologies on the skin;
- immunocorrective therapy for babies who are on IV
- with allergic, accompanied by intestinal dysfunction;
- intestinal infection (rotavirus, dysentery, salmonella infection);
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract due to regular colds or after treatment with antibiotics;
- frequent diseases of the respiratory system (bronchitis, laryngitis, etc.) and oral mucosa;
- non-specific inflammatory diseases in children and adults;
- to prepare the body for surgery.
Individual sensitivity to the drug or any of its components, as well as pregnancy and lactation ...
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Kipferon suppositories contain as active substances an immunoglobulin complex preparation (TRC) of 0.2 g and human interferon alpha-2b, recombinant 500,000 IU, used vaginally or rectally.
In acute respiratory diseases, inflammatory diseases of the oropharynx of bacterial and viral etiology, in viral (rotavirus) and bacterial (Salmonella, dysentery, colo-infection) intestinal infections in children, intestinal bacteriosis of different origin, suppositories are prescribed depending on the age of patients:
- in the first year rectally 1 suppositories per day. (in 1 reception);
- from 1 to 3 years - 1 suppository twice a day;
- after 3 years - 1 suppository three times a day for 5-7 days.
In patients with tonsillitis with a pronounced purulent process, the treatment should be extended to 7-8 days.
Suppositories are used without specific therapy or at the same time.
When treating urogenital chlamydia in women, suppositories are administered deeply intravaginally (before contact with the posterior vaginal fornix and the cervix) 1-2 suppositories, depending on the severity of the disease, twice a day. The course of treatment is on average 10 days; in the presence of cervical erosion, the drug is continued until its epithelialization. According to the indications, the treatment can be repeated. Treatment should begin in the first days after the end of menstruation. Before the introduction it is recommended to remove mucus from the mucous membranes of the vagina and cervix.
No negative manifestations of suppository use have been identified.
The use of the drug "Kipferon" in an amount exceeding the doses prescribed by the instructions was not recorded.
During treatment with suppositories intravaginally, it is not recommended to have sexual contacts.
For intestinal bleeding or inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes, the use of suppositories rectally is not recommended.
Before starting drug therapy, it is imperative to undergo a detailed examination and not self-medicate. For example, discharge from the genital tract may indicate sexually transmitted infections, in which the use of this drug is inappropriate.
Kipferon can be used simultaneously with antibacterial drugs and eubiotics.
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
We picked up some feedback from people about Kipferon:
- Margarita. Were at sea - daughters 4 months ... fever and vomiting. On the advice of the ambulance doctor, I bought Kipferon candles. Immediately the temperature subsided, and all the unpleasant symptoms passed. And also !!!! She began to crap herself! Before that, they just did not give, nothing helped. Gone colic and improved chair. We are very pleased with this drug.
- Nadia. I have two children - one for 3 years, the second 5. Often got sick, often infected from each other. Usually the doctor prescribed antibiotics to us if the disease was completely severe. Then it so happened that we moved, attached to another clinic. There the doctor is very good, attentive, when she found out that we were sick so often, she appointed Kipferon candles. I am very grateful to her for this, because almost three years have passed since then, my children very rarely began to get sick, and if they get sick, then within a few days everything passes.
- Olga Rectal suppositories “Kipferon” appointed our one-year-old daughter a pediatrician at the first sign of ARVI. Although at home after the "last time" there were candles "Viferon" with the same composition, as I understood, the doctor recommended changing the drug so that there is no "addiction". I did not understand which change was discussed, because I did not see the active substance in both drugs one and the cardinal differences in compositions. Nevertheless, Kipferon completed the course, it is very difficult to say about the benefits or harms of this type of drugs, in my opinion, there will be an improvement in case of ARVI without complications - were there any antiviral drugs or not.
Suppositories Kipferon have a number of analogues:
- Genferon Light;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Viferon or Kipferon?
Kipferon, in contrast to Viferon, contains, in addition to interferon, a complex of immunoglobulins that have a direct antiviral and antibacterial effect (interferon has a mediated effect) - therefore the expected therapeutic effect from taking Kipferon will be higher.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The place where the medicine will be stored must be isolated from direct sunlight and be out of reach of the child. The air temperature should be within 6-8 ° C, and the humidity should not exceed 70%.
Use "Kipferon" can be a year from the date of manufacture.