Iodomarin refers to therapeutic and prophylactic agents that are used in the case of thyroid disease.
The composition of the drug is an important component - calcium iodide. This element is difficult to find in nature in its pure form, its concentration in products is insufficient to prevent the development of many ailments. Therefore, this medication is an indispensable source of iodine - an important trace element for any organism.
On this page you will find all the information about iodomarin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used iodomarin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Iodine preparation for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Jodomarin? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 140-240 rubles.
Release form and composition
Iodomarin dosage form - tablets: almost white or white, round flat-cylindrical form, with a facet, with slightly beveled edges and dividing risk on one of the sides (50 or 100 pieces in a dark-colored glass bottle, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle).
- Iodomarin contains 100 or 200 µg of iodine in the form of potassium iodide (Potassium iodide), as well as auxiliary components: lactose in the form of monohydrate (Lactose monohydrate), magnesium carbonate (Magnesium carbonate) basic, gelatin (Gelatine), sodium carboxymethyl starch (Sodium carboxymethyl starch), colloidal silicon dioxide (Silicium dioxide colloidal), magnesium stearate (Magnesium stearate).
Currently, Iodomarin is available in Russia in two varieties, which are called Iodomarin 100 and Iodomarin 200. These varieties differ from each other only by the number in the name and the dosage of the active ingredient. There are no other differences between Iodomarin 100 and Iodomarin 200, therefore, in essence, these varieties are just the same drug with different dosages of the active substance and different names.
Iodine preparation. It is used for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland. The trace element iodine is one of the indispensable trace elements necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland. Iodine is not synthesized in the body, therefore, all the necessary amount of it must be ingested from the outside.
Upon receipt of the optimal amount of iodine, the development of various diseases of the thyroid gland, including endemic goiter, is prevented. Iodomarin compensates for the iodine deficiency produced by the body with food, which is especially important in endemic zones, i.e. in areas where in the soil, etc. The amount of iodine is not enough.
Indications for use
Consider the drug should be taken only when prescribed by a doctor. And the indications for the use of iodomarina are:
- therapy of diffuse euthyroid goiter;
- therapy and prevention of iodine deficiency in childhood;
- therapy of conditions that are associated with iodine deficiency in the body;
- prevention of endemic goiter (conducted among patients living in regions with severe iodine deficiency).
In addition, doctors prescribe iodomarin in the postoperative period, or after the end of therapeutic treatment for endemic goiter and as a prophylaxis of iodine deficiency in the elderly.
According to the instructions, Jodomarin should not be prescribed for:
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Herpetiform dermatitis Dühring;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- The presence of hypersensitivity to iodine or any of the auxiliary components of the drug;
- Toxic adenoma and other benign tumors of the thyroid gland;
- Severe or latent hyperfunction of the thyroid gland, including with diffuse and nodular toxic goiter;
- Latent hyperthyroidism (at a dose in excess of 150 mcg per day);
- Lactase deficiency, congenital intolerance to galactose, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome (since iodomarin contains lactose).
The daily dosage of 300 mcg for autonomic adenoma, diffuse and focal foci of the thyroid gland cannot be exceeded, the only exception is preoperative iodotherapy to block the thyroid gland according to Pleymer.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, the need for iodine increases, so it is especially important to use in sufficient doses (200 µg / day) to ensure adequate iodine intake in the body. The drug penetrates through the placenta and is excreted in breast milk, so the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is possible only in recommended doses.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Tablets Iodomarina should be taken after meals, drinking them with a sufficient amount of non-carbonated pure water (at least half a glass). Tablets can be broken down and divided into halves according to the risk that exists on one side to obtain the necessary dosage. It is advisable to swallow the tablet whole, but if it is impossible for some reason, then it is better not to chew it, but dissolve it in milk or juice, and then drink the prepared solution.
Dissolving the tablet is recommended as an optimal method of administration for young children. The tablet is easily dissolved in liquids, so in order to give the drug to an infant or adult, it can be mixed into any drink (water, juice, milk, etc.) or liquid food (soup, mashed potatoes, broth, milk, milk formula etc.).
The recommended daily dosage of Iodomarin 100:
- Goiter prevention: newborns and children up to 12 years old - 50-100 mcg of iodine or ½-1 pc., Patients over 12 years old - 100-200 mcg or 1-2 pcs., During pregnancy and lactation - 200 mcg or 2 pcs.;
- Prevention of relapse of goiter: 100-200 mcg or 1-2 pcs .;
- Treatment of euthyroid goiter: newborns and children up to 18 years old - at 100-200 mcg or 1-2 pcs., Adults up to 40 years - at 300-500 mcg or 3-5 pcs.
Taking prophylactic pills can last for several years, for the purpose of treatment - for life.
Newborns for the treatment of goiter on average 2-4 weeks, for children and adults - 0.5-1 year or longer.
With prophylactic use at any age, as well as in the treatment of euthyroid goiter in newborns, children and adolescents, as a rule, no side effects are observed.
In rare cases, the constant use of the drug can lead to the development of "iodism", which can manifest a metallic taste in the mouth, swelling and inflammation of the mucous membranes (runny nose, conjunctivitis, bronchitis), "iodine fever", "iodine acne." Extremely rarely the development of angioedema, exfoliative dermatitis.
Prolonged use of the drug in dosages exceeding 150 mcg / day can provoke latent hyperthyroidism into manifest form, and a constant intake of iodomarin at a dose exceeding 300 mcg / day can cause the development of iodine-induced thyrotoxicosis.
In case of drug overdose, the following clinical symptoms appear:
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Reflex vomiting.
- Staining mucous to brown.
Extremely rarely, esophageal stenosis, development of dehydration and shock may occur. If these symptoms appear, you must wash the stomach with a solution of starch, sodium thiosulfate or protein. Symptomatic therapy, restoring electrolyte and water balance of the body, is prescribed.
Before you start taking iodomarin tablets, it is important to carefully read the instructions for the drug. There are several special instructions to pay attention to, which include:
- The drug does not affect the ability to concentrate and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
- According to the testimony of the drug is possible for children, pregnant and lactating women.
- High doses of the drug in combination with potassium-sparing diuretics can lead to hyperkalemia.
- Simultaneous treatment with high doses of iodine and preparations of lithium salts can contribute to goiter and hypothyroidism.
- Iodine deficiency increases, and excess iodine reduces the effectiveness of therapy for hyperthyroidism with thyrostatic agents (before or during treatment of hyperthyroidism, it is recommended to avoid any use of iodine, if possible). On the other hand, thyreostatic agents inhibit the transfer of iodine to an organic compound in the thyroid gland and, thus, can cause the formation of goiter.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Jodomarin:
- Irina. I started taking Jodomarin during my first pregnancy, and I continue to take it for several years. I also give my own. How not to twist, and iodine in the body is always in short supply, so you have to fill it up. Tablets are absolutely tasteless, it is not problematic to take them at all. As for memory, I can say that there was definitely no deterioration, while the hair and nails were still alive)).
- Anna. In order to use it, it does not have to be a problem, it is better to drink it right away, for prevention. This medication was prescribed to me by my doctor as soon as I became registered. I have cut through all the pregnancy, and now I continue to take it. I feel at the same time excellent, and analyzes are normal. Iodine, it is generally very necessary to maintain a healthy body and mom and baby. And where will you replenish it now in the required quantities, the menu is now with not so rich iodine-containing products as we would like. Therefore, replenishing it in the form of vitamins, in my opinion, is an ideal option.
- Valya A child of six years has identified an enlargement of the thyroid gland. The result of the ultrasound was even more disappointing. Iodomarin 0.1 was prescribed, one tablet a day for half a year. The child drank the drug with pleasure. A month later, she noted improvement in the general condition of the daughter and active growth, which was inhibited due to a lack of iodine in the body. For half a year, the child grew by 4 cm. The doctor prescribed a continuation of the course of the drug. This time I bought pills not at 0.1, but at 0.2. I divide the pill in half and get two halves of 0.1. So it turns out much more profitable and cheaper.
Reviews of Yodomarin 100 and 200 are mostly positive. Pointing to the effectiveness of the drug, patients recommend starting its use only after consulting an endocrinologist. With the prophylactic administration of pills, irritability decreases, there is an improvement in the general condition and memory, an increase in the speed of concentration of attention. When treating diffuse euthyroid goiter, the drug can significantly reduce the symptoms of the disease.
Currently on the domestic pharmaceutical market there are the following drugs analogues of iodomarin:
- 9 months Potassium iodide tablets;
- Anti-strumin tablets;
- Iodine Vitrum tablets;
- Iodine Vitrum for children chewable tablets;
- Yodandin tablets;
- Yodbalans pills;
- Potassium iodide tablets;
- Microiodide tablets.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of tablets Iodomarin is 3 years from the date of their manufacture. The drug must be stored in a dark place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.