Herbion syrup for dry and wet cough is a universal herbal remedy based on medicinal plants (plantain, primrose or ivy).
Depending on which plant component is included in the preparation, Gerbion syrups are used as a softening and expectorant, or used to liquefy viscous sputum and accelerate its evacuation from the respiratory tract.
On this page you will find all the information about Gerbion: full instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Gerbion. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Phytopreparation with expectorant and anti-inflammatory action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is the Gerbion? The average price in pharmacies is 320 rubles.
Release form and composition
Plantain Syrup Gerbion Available in brown glass bottles complete with 150 ml measuring spoon in a carton box. Syrup is a viscous brown liquid with a characteristic smell of medicinal herbs.
- The main active ingredient of the plantain syrup Gerbion is plantain herb extract and mallow flower extract. The excipients are sucrose, purified water, ascorbic acid.
Herbion Primrose Syrup Available in 150 ml brown glass bottles with a measuring spoon included. Syrup is a brownish liquid with a pronounced smell of herbs.
- The main active ingredients of the drug are liquid extract of the roots of spring primrose and liquid extract of the herb common thyme. Levomenthol, sucrose, purified water act as auxiliary components of the primrose syrup.
What is the difference between syrups?
Plantain Gerbion Syrup is a syrup that is most often used to treat children, since it is a natural remedy for dry unproductive cough, unlike antitussive and expectorant drugs for dry cough, it has no central action. It can also be taken by adults in the absence of allergy to the components of the drug. When using the drug for dry cough, the reviews from the majority of those who take this remedy are positive.
Gerbion primrose syrup is an expectorant when wet coughing with difficult to separate viscous sputum. It helps to improve the discharge of sputum. Also, for most people who take this drug, it helps them recover faster from various illnesses accompanied by a wet cough.
The active substance of the Herbiona plantain syrup is the grass of the lanceolate plantain, due to the aucubina contained in it, it has a bacteriostatic and enveloping action, and also alleviates inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
The essential oil of thyme, which is part of the Herbion syrup of primrose, has expectorant and bronchospasmolytic properties, and also has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects and contributes to the secretion of mucus and sputum discharge. Menthol is a strong antiseptic and has analgesic effect, it is especially effective in the treatment of bronchitis and sinusitis.
Indications for use
Herbion syrup with plantain extract is prescribed for a dry, strained cough that was provoked by an infection in the upper respiratory tract or colds.
Also, it helps not bad at coughing smokers.
Contraindications to the use of Herbion on the basis of the plantain are:
- Congenital fructose intolerance.
- Syndrome of impaired glucose-galactose absorption.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Congenital insufficiency of sucrase-isomaltase.
- Children age up to 2 years.
Contraindications to the use of Herbion on the basis of primrose are:
- Bronchial asthma.
- Hereditary intolerance to fructose.
- Children age up to 2 years.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, as well as to drugs containing the active substances of the primrose family and the yasnotkovye family.
- Children after acute obstructive laryngitis (croup).
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome and congenital sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Gerbion syrups in the 1st trimester of pregnancy is prohibited, as there is no reliable data on the safety of the drug's effects on the fetus.
Use in pregnant women in 2 and 3 trimesters is possible only after assessing the benefits / risks for the mother and fetus. Treatment in this case is carried out under the strict supervision of a physician in the minimum effective therapeutic doses.
The use of Gerbion for the treatment of cough during breastfeeding is not recommended because of the risk of allergic reactions in infants, since the active ingredients of syrups penetrate into breast milk.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the gerbion for dry cough should be taken orally, drinking plenty of tea or warm water.
- Adults and children over 14 years old should be prescribed 2 scoops (10 ml) 3-5 times / day;
- Children aged 7 to 14 years - 1-2 scoops (5-10 ml) 3 times / day;
- Children aged 2 to 7 years - 1 scoop (5 ml) 3 times / day.
Duration of treatment - 2-3 weeks. Increasing the duration or conducting a second course of treatment is possible after consulting a doctor.
When treating with Gerbion, allergic reactions may be manifested: itching, rash, dermatitis, edema. Also observed violations in the gastrointestinal system: nausea, vomiting.
If you experience these symptoms, you should stop taking the drug.
With the long-term uncontrolled use of Herbion syrups, patients may develop symptoms of overdose, which are as follows:
- change in blood glucose levels;
- disorders of the liver;
In order to prevent the development of the above reactions, one should not self-medicate or exceed the indicated dose of the drug.
1 scoop of syrup (5 ml) contains 4 g of sucrose. Subject to the recommendations on the dosing regimen, the patient receives from 4 g (1 scoop, which corresponds to 0.4 XU) to 8 g (2 scoops, which corresponds to 0.8 XE) sucrose.
The use of syrup with the extract of the leaves of plantain, as well as with the roots of primrose should not be combined with the intake of drugs that have antitussive action.
This combination of drugs can lead to problems with coughing and, as a result, complication of the disease.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Herbion:
- Larisa. The herbion syrup was given to the plantain by a two-year-old child. Really effective drug. The composition of the natural - actually plantain, mallow, vitamin C. I decided to try it myself. I started the course on the very first day as I got sick, I don’t want to suffer with complications afterwards. During a cold, drank 2-3 spoons 3 times a day. It has been 3 days, now I am treating the residual coughs, I can already calmly talk without stopping for a cough. I liked the affordable price and the large volume of the bottle. Enough for the whole course. The syrup was taken in a regular pharmacy, the manufacturer - KRKA. I have long heard about their multivitamin complexes.
- Svetlana On the eve of the winter season, I stock up on cold remedies, including always buying Herbion syrup. It is presented in different versions. For the struggle with dry cough syrup with plantain is ideal, for the elimination of wet cough - Herbion with primrose. We treat ourselves and give syrup to children. He has a natural composition, very few contraindications and virtually no side effects. Always helps us out!
- Nataliya. A good cough aid. She herself began to apply on the recommendation of a friend (she only treats the herbion with plantain cough for more than a year, and there are no problems). Now we treat the whole family with a gerbion, my husband and daughter are with me. The price of syrup is quite acceptable, cheaper than many others.
- Zhenya. I know that a child should be given dry cough so that he quickly passes. Herbion syrup with plantain give at the first sign of coughing. It relieves the condition instantly and soon the child coughs less and can cough up, because the sputum appears. And also the syrup is liked not only by its efficiency, but also by its sweet taste and the presence of vitamin C for immunity.
The main analogues of Herbion are drugs that exhibit antitussive, expectorant and mucolytic effect. These include the following drugs:
- Althea Syrup;
- Dr. Mom and Dr. Theiss syrups;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
In accordance with the attached instructions, the gerbion in the form of cough syrup should be stored at room temperature protected from light.
The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture.