Vinpotropil - a combined tool that has a beneficial effect on blood circulation in the brain, improves performance, memory and concentration.
Part of the drug Vinpocetin improves metabolic processes in the brain, provides a greater supply of oxygen and glucose to the meninges. Under the influence of this component increases the production of serotonin and noradrenaline, there is an antioxidant effect on the body.
On this page you will find all the information about Vinpotropil: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vinpotropil. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A drug that improves cerebral circulation and brain metabolism.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Vinpotropil cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 230 rubles.
Release form and composition
Vinpotropil is available in two dosage forms: yellow capsules with white powder inside and oval light brown tablets, film-coated.
- Ampoules with concentrate for solution preparation are currently not commercially available.
- Capsules are packaged in blisters. 2, 3, 5 or 10 packs of 10 or 15 capsules, or 2, 4, 6 or 8 packs of 15 capsules each are placed in cardboard packs.
Tablets of 10 pieces are packaged in blisters made of aluminum foil and PVC film. On 3 or 6 packings are located in cardboard packs.
Being a nootropic drug, it effectively affects the metabolic processes of the brain due to such properties:
- Increased glucose utilization.
- Stimulation of glycolytic processes.
- Strengthening the synthesis of RNA and phospholipids.
- Increasing the concentration of ACE in the brain tissue.
Vinpotropil has a protective effect on brain damage caused by intoxication, electroshock, or hypoxia. In addition, the drug enhances alpha and beta activity, and delta activity inhibits.
Being a cerebrovasodilating agent, Vinpotropil is able to:
- cause a slight decrease in blood pressure;
- stimulate the supply of brain cells with oxygen and glucose;
- improve blood circulation in brain cells;
- to expand the vessels of the brain;
- facilitate the transport of energy supply substrates and oxygen to tissues; increase metabolism and glucose uptake;
- to ensure the resistance of brain cells to hypoxia.
The drug has a gradual effect on the body. The drug and its analogues are characterized by the following effects:
- improve memory, contribute to the learning process;
- strengthen cerebral microcirculation;
- promotes mental activity;
- increase cerebral blood flow, while not having a sedative and psychostimulant effects;
- change the speed of the synaptic impulse and excitation in the brain;
- improve the integrative function of the brain;
- suppress the addition of activated platelets, in the absence of a vasodilator effect.
The vasodilating effect of Vinpotropil and analogues consists in reducing platelet aggregation, increasing red blood cell deformability, as well as reducing blood viscosity.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions, Vinpotropil and analogues are recommended for use:
- When labyrinthopathy;
- With Meniere's syndrome;
- Patients with severe manifestations of asthenic syndrome;
- People with psychoorganic syndrome, accompanied by signs of asthenia and adynamia;
- With severe intoxication of the body;
- Patients with severe cerebrovascular insufficiency;
- People who have a decrease in brain activity, which is reflected in a decrease in the ability to understand, cognize, study, be aware of and process external information;
- By reducing the concentration of attention;
- With the deterioration of learning;
- After suffering brain injuries and diseases affecting the central nervous system and accompanied by a decrease in intellectual and mnestic functions;
- As a prophylactic agent for the prevention of migraines and kinetozov.
Vinpotropil's use is contraindicated in children under 14 years of age, in the acute stage of hemorrhagic stroke, pregnancy, severe cardiac rhythm disturbances, severe hepatic and renal failure, severe ischemic heart disease, as well as in cases of hypersensitivity to the components that make up the drug and during the period of thoracic feeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Do not use the drug in pregnant and lactating women.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that it is usually prescribed 1-2 tablets (capsules) Vinpotropila before meals 2-3 times a day.
Pre-prepare an infusion solution of 2-3 ampoules of Vinpotropil and 500 ml of saline or dextrose-containing preparation. 50-100 ml of the obtained solution is injected once a day, with an injection rate of no more than 80 drops / min.
Parenteral administration continues for two weeks, then use the oral form of the drug. If necessary, Vinpotropil infusion resumed after two months.
In order to prevent violations of sleep patterns, do not take the drug after 18 hours or later than three hours before falling asleep.
The duration of admission from 14 days to six months. Due to the nature and severity of the pathological condition, is determined by the attending doctor.
In order to avoid withdrawal syndrome, Vinpotropil is discontinued, gradually reducing the dose.
Reviews of Vinpotropil and its patients' analogs revealed the following side effects from taking the drug:
- From the side of the cardiovascular system may worsen angina and lower blood pressure. Rarely there is tachycardia, intraventricular conduction slows down, extrasystole;
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract, reviews of Vinpotropila indicate the occurrence of vomiting, nausea, gastralgia, diarrhea or constipation, loss of appetite;
- On the CNS side, taking Vinpotropil according to the instructions may cause irritability, anxiety, instability, psychomotor agitation, sleep disturbances, headaches, dizziness, tremor of extremities, convulsions, extrapyramidal disorders, decreased concentration of attention;
- On the part of the sexual sphere, an increase in sexual activity is possible.
In addition, when using the concentrate to prepare a solution for infusion, local reactions are possible: pain at the injection site and thrombophlebitis.
When the dose of Vinpotropil is exceeded, such treatment as gastric lavage, the use of activated carbon, as well as therapy for overdose symptoms is carried out.
- With prolonged therapy in elderly patients, regular monitoring of renal function is recommended, and if necessary, dose correlation is performed depending on the creatinine concentration.
- Continuous monitoring of renal function indicators (especially in patients with chronic kidney disease) - nitrogen content and creatinine concentration, and in patients with liver diseases - the functional state of the liver is recommended.
- It penetrates through the filtration membranes of hemodialysis machines. In the case of initial lengthening of the Q-T interval, as well as simultaneous use with drugs that extend the Q-T interval, a periodic ECG monitoring is necessary during the treatment period.
- With caution, use Vinpotropil in violation of hemostasis, extensive surgical interventions, severe bleeding, chronic renal failure (CK 20-80 ml / min).
Before the abolition of the drug dose Vinpotropila should be reduced gradually.
Vinpotropil tablets and capsules enhance the effect:
- thyroid hormones;
The drug in both forms weakens the effect of anticonvulsant drugs, resulting in a reduced seizure threshold. At simultaneous use of Vinpotropil with drugs against arrhythmia, caution is necessary.
Film-coated tablets can enhance the hypotensive effect of methyldopa. If you need to use both drugs at the same time, doctors should monitor the patient's blood pressure.
We picked up some feedback from people about Vinpotropil:
- Aza. With age, my mother had memory problems. I bought her fezam, because of advertising. This year it is not very affordable for us, prices have risen for it. She consulted a doctor, she suggested a domestic drug Vinpotropil, in a good price range and with good action. Mom is very pleased, she says that it helps, “it cleared up in her head” with her words))
- Sergei. With the diagnosis of VSD, I have been living for five years, disturbed by headaches and lethargy, drowsiness. Sometimes I didn’t even want to get up in the morning, working capacity was zero. Once a doctor advised me to take Vinpotropil. This is our domestic drug manufacturer - Canonfarm. I was prescribed it for 3 months, 2 capsules twice a day. Of course, I didn’t expect much of an effect, I got used to living in such an amorphonic state, but after a couple of weeks I felt the result. First, decreased headaches, especially in the evening. There is more energy, even the mood is not jumping now. I find more positive in the environment around me. I want to believe that after the end of the course of treatment, my condition does not deteriorate.
- Julia. I had a severe dizziness, as if I had been traveling by train for three days, this was the condition. I could not even go to the malls, as I looked at the escalator - it got worse. Went to a neurologist. After the examination, I was assigned Vinpotropil. This nootropic drug includes vinpocetine (improves cerebral blood flow) and piracetam (normalizes brain function). I can say that in my case Vinpotropil is the most important, loyal and reliable assistant.
Analogues Vinpotropila are the following drugs:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Vinpotropil must be stored in a dark place out of reach of children, at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the product is 2 years.