Bromhexine 8 Berlin-Hemi is a expectorant drug.
It has a pronounced mucolytic effect, used for the treatment of diseases accompanied by the presence of difficult-to-separate sputum. In addition, it is proven that the drug stimulates the formation of endogenous surfactant - a substance that stabilizes the state of the alveoli of the lungs.
On this page you will find all the information about Bromhexin 8 Berlin Hemi: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Bromhexin 8 Berlin Hemi. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Mucolytic agent with expectorant action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Bromhexin 8 berlin hemi cost? The average price in pharmacies is 170 rubles.
Release form and composition
Bromhexin 8 Berlin-Chemie is available in the form of tablets (dragees), 25 pieces in a secondary package.
- Active substance: Bromhexine hydrochloride - 8,000 mg.
- Excipients: lactose monohydrate - 34.400 mg, corn starch - 14, 600 mg, gelatin - 1.800 mg, colloidal silicon dioxide - 0.600 mg, magnesium stearate - 0.600 mg;
Bromhexine has a secretolytic action. It reduces the viscosity of mucus, increases the volume of sputum, activates the production of endogenous surfactant and the activity of ciliated epithelium cells. With repeated use of the drug can accumulate in the body. When administered, 99% of the drug is absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in 30 minutes.
The effect of the drug is manifested after 2-3 days from the start of treatment.
Indications for use
Bromhexine in various forms is prescribed for the treatment of cough, inflammatory processes in the bronchi, in the presence of obstructive syndromes and asthmatic manifestations.
The drug is used in obstructive lesions of the lungs, tuberculosis, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, tracheobronchitis. In addition, Bromhexine is included in the complex treatment of cystic fibrosis, used to cleanse the lungs from sputum during the rehabilitation period after surgical interventions.
Another area of application is the use of the drug in the process of diagnostic and therapeutic intrabronchial manipulations.
- exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- age up to 6 years;
- individual intolerance to the active or additional components of the drug;
- sucrose-isomaltase deficiency;
- fructose intolerance or galactose, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome.
Relative diseases and (or) conditions in which there is a need for caution when taking Bromhexine 8 Berlin-Chemie:
- motility disorders of the bronchi, occurring with excessive accumulation of secretions;
- liver or kidney failure;
- burdened history of a tendency to gastric bleeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use of the drug during pregnancy is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the possible risk to the fetus. The use of the drug during lactation is contraindicated.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Bromhexin 8 Berlin Hemi is taken orally.
- Adults and children over 10 years old dosage of 8 mg 3-4 times / day.
- At the age of 6 to 10 years, 6-8 mg 3 times / day.
- Children under 2 years old - 2 mg 3 times / day; at the age of 2 to 6 years, 4 mg 3 times / day.
The therapeutic effect may occur at 4-6 days of treatment.
- If necessary, the dose can be increased to adults up to 16 mg 4 times / day, children - up to 16 mg 2 times / day.
- In the form of inhalation for adults - 8 mg each, for children over 10 years old - 4 mg each, at the age of 6-10 years old - 2 mg each. At the age of 6 years - used in doses up to 2 mg. Inhalation spend 2 times / day.
Parenteral administration is recommended for treatment in severe cases, as well as in the postoperative period to prevent the accumulation of thick sputum in the bronchi. Enter 2 mg p / c, in / m or / in 2-3 times / day slowly over 2-3 minutes.
Many patients are interested in the question of whether treatment with Bromhexin 6 Berlin - Chemie can be dangerous? The manual contains data on possible side effects, although reviews from doctors and patients indicate that they occur very rarely.
- Sometimes tablets cause an allergic reaction, which can be accompanied by skin rashes, itching, swelling and rhinitis. Very rarely, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence, and peptic ulcer disease appear during therapy. Other side effects include headache, fever, shortness of breath, chills, dizziness. In very rare cases, treatment is accompanied by increased activity of hepatic transaminases.
If any deterioration occurs, it is worthwhile to stop taking the pill for a while and consult a doctor as soon as possible - you may only need to change the dose. If the drug is not suitable for the patient, the specialist selects an effective analogue.
The life-threatening consequences of an overdose, with Bromhexine 8 Berlin-Chemie, are unknown.
- The following symptoms are possible: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia.
- Treatment: artificial vomiting, gastric lavage in the first 1-2 hours after taking the drug.
Due to the high degree of protein binding and a high distribution volume, bromhexine elimination during hemodialysis or forced diuresis does not occur.
- Due to the risk of delayed discharge in the respiratory tract for bronchial motility disorders or a large amount of sputum, Bromhexine 8 Berlin-Chemie administration requires caution.
- In the course of therapy, it is recommended to drink liquid in sufficient quantity, since this increases the secretolytic action of the drug.
- In patients with severe renal insufficiency, the possibility of accumulation of metabolites in the liver should be taken into account. During long-term therapy, monitoring of renal function is recommended.
With antimicrobial therapy, Bromhexine promotes the penetration of antibiotics (Erythromycin, Amoxicillin, Cefalexin, etc.) into the lining of the lungs and bronchi. The drug can be used with other drugs intended for the treatment of bronchopulmonary diseases. You can not use pills or syrup at the same time with drugs that suppress the cough reflex. This can lead to stagnation of sputum.
We picked up some reviews from people about Bromhexin 8 Berlin Hemi:
- Helena. I like the shape more in the dragee, the syrups in our children love. And so it is really convenient to take pills with you. Bromhexine is an excellent expectorant, German quality. Copes with sputum in a few days.
- Artem. Recently I bought Bromhexine in a pharmacy, the pharmacist stuck our Russian, I did not look, I only saw the house. He took these pills so that the sputum would leave well. So from the Russian there was little sense. I had to go buy Bromhexine from Germany. His efficiency is much higher.
- Emil I got sick with a sore throat, the cough was terrible. I decided to do self-medication, did not help. I went to the clinic, the doctor examined, and it turned out that I have bronchitis with sore throat. The doctor wrote me a “Bromhexin 8 Berlin-Chemie”. And I began a course of treatment. Literally two days later, the symptoms diminished. And a week later they finally passed. I did not observe any side effects. For the price category “Bromhexin” average price, but it is worth it. Good medicine does not happen cheap. At the moment, “Bromhexin” is an integral part of the family medicine chest.
- Alexander. At one time I tried domestic and German Bromhexin. Our counterpart is very inferior in effectiveness to the Berlin-Hemi drug. I begin to take pills with a strong cough, when the sputum comes off hard or not at all. It is possible to completely get rid of cold symptoms by the 6-7 day of taking pills. There are no side effects when using the medication.
- Victoria. The tool is good, reliable. Coughing up quickly, dilutes the phlegm and displays for several applications already. It is inexpensive and can be found, probably in any pharmacy. I have been using it for several years, I am pleased with the result.
If the patient, for whatever reason, cannot take Bromhexine, the doctor can always select a replacement drug with a similar therapeutic effect. The structural analogues containing the same active ingredient include:
- Bromhexine Ferein;
- Bromhexine Acre;
- Bromhexine Nycomed;
- Bromhexin Grindeks;
- Bromhexine Rusfar;
In addition, there are many drugs with similar therapeutic effects:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Tablets (pills) should be stored at a maximum temperature of 25 ° C. Shelf life counting from the date of production - 5 years.