Amelotex are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The preparation contains meloxicam, a selective inhibitor of the enzyme COX-2 and prostaglandins, which trigger pain syndrome. Amelotex application is included in the complex treatment of inflammatory diseases of the joints.
On this page you will find all the information about Amelotex: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Amelotex injections. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
NSAIDs (antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic).
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much are Amelotex injections? The average price in pharmacies is about 300 rubles.
Release form and composition
Solution for intramuscular administration: a clear or slightly opalescent liquid of yellow with a greenish tint (1.5 ml each in colorless glass ampoules, 3 or 5 ampoules in blister packs, in a carton pack of 1 or 2 packs of 3 ampoules, 1, 2 or 4 packs of 5 ampoules).
Amelotex injections act on the COX-2 enzyme, which triggers the production of prostaglandins, chemical substances secreted by tissues during the inflammatory process. They irritate the nerve endings, which causes pain in the affected area. Increased permeability of the vascular walls contributes to the release of blood plasma into the extracellular space, because of this, puffiness appears. Prostaglandins prevent the outflow of blood from inflamed joints, as a result, the skin becomes reddish.
There are several types of prostaglandins produced in the human body. Some of them do not contribute to the development of the inflammatory process. They are located in the stomach and protect the mucous membranes of the body from ulceration. The synthesis of these substances is responsible for the COX-1 enzyme. Most NSAIDs prevent the development of both substances at the same time, which leads to the development of peptic ulcer. Injections Amelotex do not have such side effects, which is explained by the selective action.
Anti-inflammatory effect is manifested by a decrease in intensity:
- pain syndrome;
The required concentration of the active substance in the blood is detected 10-20 minutes after the injection of Amelotex solution for injection. Meloxicam combines with plasma proteins and spreads to all tissues. Its greatest concentrations are achieved in the connective tissues. The active substance overcomes the blood-brain barrier, penetrating into the tissue of the brain and bone marrow. Meloxicam enters the fetal circulatory system through the placenta and is secreted with breast milk during lactation. The half-life is 12 hours. In the liver, the active substance disintegrates, the final products are excreted by the kidneys. A small part of meloxicam goes through the intestines.
Indications for use
Given the fact that the active element of the drug meloxicam perfectly accumulates in the tissues of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, the drug for intramuscular injections Amelotex is prescribed for various pathological processes in the structure of the system.
According to the instructions the main indications for the use of the drug are the following diseases:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative-dystrophic disease of the joints, in which the decay of their cartilage tissue occurs, the formation of an inflammation center.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - the development of inflammation of the joints of a person caused by disruptions in the functioning of the immune system. In the presence of this inflammatory disease, autoantibodies are produced that destroy the tissues of the joints.
- Arthritis is a disease of the joints, in which the inflammatory process that affects the joint tissue develops. Often provoked by a strong local hypothermia, bacterial infection.
- Ankylosing spondylitis or ankylosing spondylitis - a pathological process of the autoimmune type, which is characterized by the development of inflammation of vertebral structures. The mobility of the spine is greatly reduced, a person experiences regular back pain.
Absolute for solution, suppositories and tablets:
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum;
- Severe liver failure;
- Active liver disease;
- The period after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease;
- Progressive kidney disease, including confirmed hyperkalemia;
- Cerebrovascular or other bleeding;
- Active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Age up to 15 years;
- Period of pregnancy and lactation;
- Rare hereditary diseases, such as glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactose intolerance and lactase deficiency (only for tablets);
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Severe renal failure in patients not undergoing dialysis (creatinine clearance <30 ml / minute);
- A complete or incomplete combination of asthma, recurrent nasal polyposis and paranasal sinuses, as well as intolerance to other NSAIDs, including acetylsalicylic acid (including a history of);
- Hypersensitivity to any component of Amelotex.
Relative to the solution, suppositories and tablets:
- The presence of Helicobacter pylori infection;
- Instructions in the history of the development of ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT);
- Peripheral arterial disease;
- Creatinine clearance less than 60 ml / minute;
- Severe somatic diseases;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Dyslipidemia / hyperlipidemia;
- Frequent use of alcohol;
- Elderly age;
- Prolonged use of NSAIDs;
- Concomitant therapy with oral glucocorticosteroids (for example, prednisone), antiplatelet agents (including clopidogrel or acetylsalicylic acid), anticoagulants (for example, warfarin), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, paroxetine, citalopram, serfonamine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, paroxetine, citalopram, serfonram), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, paroxetine, citalopram, serfonamine), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, paroxetine, citalopram, serfonamine), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, paroxetine, citalopram, serfonram), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (e.g.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
Suppression of prostaglandin synthesis can have an undesirable effect on the course of pregnancy and fetal development.
It is known that NSAIDs penetrate into breast milk, so Amelotex is not recommended for use during breastfeeding.
The use of meloxicam, like other drugs that block prostaglandin synthesis, can affect fertilitytherefore, it is not recommended for women planning a pregnancy.
Instructions for use Amelotex
The instructions for use indicate that Amelotex solution is intended for parenteral (intramuscular) administration. The drug should be injected deep into the muscle, after making sure that the needle did not fall into the cavity of the vessel.
Injections should be carried out according to the rules of asepsis. Amelotex solution is usually injected into the outer upper quadrant of the gluteus muscle. The daily dose of meloxicam is administered at one time. The duration of therapy and the dose of meloxicam is determined by the doctor.
- In rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondyloarthritis, as a rule, administration of 15 mg of meloxicam per day is prescribed. With a pronounced effect after a few days, the dose can be reduced to 7.5 mg of meloxicam per day.
- In osteoarthritis, therapy, as a rule, begins with the introduction of 7.5 mg of meloxicam per day. With insufficient effect, the dose of meloxicam is increased to 15 mg per day.
- Patients with an increased risk of undesirable effects, as well as elderly patients, as a rule, are prescribed administration of 7.5 mg of meloxicam per day. The highest daily dose of meloxicam is 15 mg.
For patients with severe renal failure who are on hemodialysis, as well as for patients with an increased risk of adverse effects, the highest daily dose of meloxicam is 7.5 mg.
If the dose of Amelothex approved by the instruction or doctor is exceeded, this may cause serious side effects. In this case, the patient will be assigned additional treatment depending on the symptoms.
Main side effects:
- Attacks of nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea / constipation, gastrointestinal bleeding. Sometimes develop gastritis, esophagitis, enteritis.
- According to reviews of patients, bronchial spasms may occur.
- Palpitations, the appearance of peripheral edema, increased blood pressure, blood rush to the face and upper body.
- Enhancement of enzymes (AST, ALT), which signals abnormal liver function, hepatitis, increased bilirubin levels.
- Allergic reaction that manifests itself in different ways (depending on the individual characteristics of the patient). A rash on the skin, itching, photophobia, urticaria can occur, in some cases there is a risk of anaphylactic shock.
- According to reviews of patients, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of orientation in space, headache are observed.
- Anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- There may be a violation of the visual function, conjunctivitis.
- Increased levels of urea, uric acid, creatine in the blood, rarely develop acute renal failure.
Exceeding the permissible dose of the drug can lead to the development of any one or more side effects. There is no specific antidote, symptomatic therapy is carried out to improve the condition.
Before using the solution for intramuscular injections of Amelotex it is necessary to carefully study the instructions and make sure there are no contraindications. It is worth paying attention to the special instructions:
- The simultaneous use of Amelotex with other drugs can increase their activity (other representatives of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or reduce it (antihypertensive drugs). Therefore, it is imperative to consult a doctor.
- The introduction of the drug to pregnant women, nursing women and children under 15 years of age is excluded.
- Older people reduce the dose of the drug.
- With extreme caution and constant clinical and laboratory control, the drug is prescribed to people with pathology of the liver, kidneys, and peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum.
- Due to the possible development of drowsiness, the drug is undesirable to apply to people whose activities are associated with increased concentration of attention and requires a quick psychomotor reaction.
If you have any doubts or questions, you should consult with your doctor. In pharmacies, the solution for intramuscular injection of Amelotex is released by prescription.
Solution for intramuscular administration, suppositories and tablets:
- Intrauterine contraceptives, antihypertensive drugs: their effectiveness is reduced;
- Myelotoxic agents: manifestations of Amelotex hematotoxicity increase;
- Indirect anticoagulants, thrombolytics (streptokinase, fibrinolysin), heparin, ticlopidine: the risk of bleeding increases (it is necessary to periodically monitor blood clotting parameters);
- Other NSAIDs: increased risk of gastrointestinal ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: the likelihood of gastrointestinal bleeding increases;
- Lithium preparations: the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma increases;
- Methotrexate: the mielodepressive effect of the drug is enhanced;
- Kolestiramin: accelerates the elimination of meloxicam;
- Diuretics: increases the risk of kidney dysfunction;
- Cyclosporin: the nephrotoxic effect of meloxicam is enhanced.
In the form of gel, Amelotex should not be used simultaneously with other NSAIDs and products intended for external use.
Some user reviews:
- Last year, my knees ached, arthritis, bursitis + arthrosis were examined, terrible pains, could not sleep from pain, amylotex was given in the injections for 10 days, the pain dulled, but did not go away, another half a month saw tablets. knees 10), nothing helped. I do not know, maybe I'm an exception. The pain completely disappeared only after other drugs. Alla
- I really Amelotex helps. As soon as the joints become more acute, I immediately give 5-6 injections, 1 per day, at night, the pain goes away. They relieve inflammation, this is npvs, so it acts in a complex way. The only thing is carefully read the instructions, he has contraindications, so be careful with him. I have no side effects, but you never know, it is better to be safe. Valentine.
Analogues of solution for injection Amelotex include Revmoksikam, Meloksikam, Movalis.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The solution for i / m injection should be stored in a dark place at a temperature of 8 ° to 25 ° C. Do not store in the refrigerator. Shelf life - 4 years.